IT'S FRIDAY! NEED WE SAY MORE?
We're might be coming towards the end of Craft Beer Week, but the events are ramping up! Get your workout in before the weekend, stop by a happy hour (or two) and learn everything you wanted to know about sour beers... That sounds like a Fri-Yay if we've ever heard of one! With four events, though, strategizing your Friday night might get a little tricky, so here’s what I recommend for the day:
Loy’s IF-I-WERE-YOU Friday, May 10th plan:
1) The day’s events really don’t start until later this afternoon, so if I were you, I’d make sure I’ve got my work done early so I can take full advantage of the evening. (And just a quick reminder - as you go to various events this evening, remember that Craft Beer Week is as much about COMMUNITY as it is about CRAFT, so please, take care of yourself and your community and get a safe ride home!)
2) I’d probably start over at Element Hotel for their Happy Hour with Julius Lehrkind Brewing. I’m excited to get a chance to try the beers and chat with the brewer about their work! A casual happy hour downtown seems like the perfect way to start off the evening!
3) I’m only going to have some small samples at Happy Hour, though, because at 5:30, I’m headed over to True Spirit CrossFit & Yoga for their FREE Crossfit class. I’ll admit, I’ve never tried Crossfit before (!) and I’m super curious about it - so this is the perfect time to try! Plus, let’s be honest, we’re on day 7 of beer week… I could definitely use a good work out ;)
4) On my way back into town, I’m going to stop by Stone Glacier for their Happy Hour and see if I can get entered to win one of their amazing packs. I love winning stuff, so maybe luck will be on my side today? Either way, I’m excited to see their showroom!
5) Then on my way home, I’ll stop by Backcountry Burger Bar for their Sour Beer Symposium. I’m really looking forward to seeing what beers this event’s sponsor, Bronken’s, has pulled out of their cellar for this occasion - there should be some amazing options available… and of course after Crossfit, I’m sure I could use a burger!
6) Since I live close to downtown, I’ll probably be walking home, and then get right to bed because tomorrow is not only our LAST DAY of beer week, but also the brewfest! Definitely want to be fully rested up for that!
See you out there, friends!
OFFICIAL CRAFT BEER WEEK EVENTS
HAPPY HOUR WITH JULIUS LEHRKIND BREWING
AT THE ELEMENT
5-7pm @ The Element Hotel
CROSSFIT & BEER
5:30PM @ TrueSpirit Crossfit & Yoga
This is a free class at True Spirit Crossfit & Yoga for everyone participating in Craft Beer Week! We are doing the Baseline, a bodyweight workout that is a great introduction to high-intensity training. The Baseline can be done by anyone!
STONE GLACIER AFTER HOURS
AT THE RAM'S HEAD TAVERN
5-8PM @ Stone Glacier Showroom
Join us in our shoppable showroom (AKA the Ram’s Head Tavern) for free beer, gear discussions, and light fare. One lucky person will walk away with a NEW Avail 2200 pack.
SOUR BEER SYMPOSIUM
5-8PM @ Backcountry Burger Bar
Get lost in the woods with Backcountry Burger Bar and New Belgium Brewing. A night of never seen before, and never to be seen again sour beers from the New Belgium barrel cellar.